General Conditions and Provisions for the MasterCard SecureCode Service
The MasterCard® SecureCode™ service designed specifically to protect the cardholder during internet purchase transactions, by adding an additional temporary PIN (One Time Password - OTP) that is only sent to the customer's registered mobile phone every time an internet purchase is made at a SecureCode™ registered merchant. This code should be entered correctly during checkout.
Conditions and Provisions:
- When using the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service, the customer must have complied with these and other conditions and provisions related to the cards, such as the conditions and provisions for issuing a credit card, and other provisions published on the bank's website.
- This service is applied to all MasterCard® credit cards issued by the Jordan Kuwait Bank.
- The MasterCard® SecureCode™ service applies only to online purchases and at any eCommerce website subscribed to MasterCard® SecureCode™ (the MasterCard® SecureCode™ logo appears during checkout and payment).
- All customers who carry MasterCard® credit cards are automatically enrolled in the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service, and the customer acknowledges to permitting the Bank to use the customer’s personal data and card information for this purpose.
- In case a customer requests to be exempted from the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service, the customer shall bear the full responsibility for online purchase transactions, and shall not have the right to object on any online purchases made. The customer shall also grant the bank an exclusive, absolute, and irrevocable authorization to debit any online transactions made on the customer’s card to the customer’s account.
- The customer should, for purposes of joining this service, provide the Bank with all the necessary and required information for the purpose of providing the service. In case the Bank was not provided with the information required, the Bank shall have the right to refuse subscribing the customer and providing the customer with the service.
- The customer acknowledges that the mobile number recorded and registered with the Jordan Kuwait Bank is the correct number to which the One Time Password (OTP) is to be sent. This code is to be used to complete a purchase transaction. The customer also undertake to provide the Bank with any change that may take place. In case the Bank was not provided with the new mobile number, the Bank shall not be deemed liable for any repercussions that may take place in the future, and the customer shall release the Bank from any responsibility thereof.
- The Jordan Kuwait Bank has the right, every now and then, to amend, alter, or add provisions or commissions related to the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service. The customer shall not have the right to object to or challenge such actions, which are to be considered binding whether or not the customer was informed of them. The customer also agrees that the Bank shall have the right to select the method it deems suitable to notify the customer of this amendment, change, or addition through the means available to the Bank, whether by posting them on the Bank's website, through its branches, or other announcement means the Bank deems suitable. This is considered an acknowledgement by the customer of approving them.
- The Jordan Kuwait Bank shall have the right, every now and then, to modify this service temporarily or permanently whether the customer was notified of this modification or not. The customer acknowledges and agrees conclusively and unconditionally to this modification.
- When the customer performs an online purchase transaction at a MasterCard® SecureCode™, the merchant website will direct the customer to a new page with the logo of Jordan Kuwait Bank, the new page will request the One Time Password (OTP) be entered correctly to accept the transaction. In case the customer fails to enter the correct One Time Password (OTP), the website will reject the transaction. The customer shall release the bank from any responsibility resulting thereof.
- if the customer uses his MasterCard® Credit Card to purchase from a site that doesn’t support MasterCard® SecureCode™ service, the Bank shall not be deemed responsible for any losses or repercussions that may result thereof.
- The customer undertake to maintain the secrecy of the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the customer's mobile phone, and to take all the measures needed from revealing it. The Bank shall not be liable for any online purchase transaction made in which the One Time Password (OTP) sent to the registered mobile number was used.
- The Bank shall have the right to end or suspend the service at any point in time without notifying the customer. This will occur in extreme cases including but not limited to protecting the customer from any hacking attempts or for any compelling reason that requires this action at the discretion of the bank, or for maintenance purposes.
- The Bank shall have the right to stop/cease the application of the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service without notifying the customer.
Mechanism of Service Operation
- The customer logs into the websites that is registered with the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service.
- The customer performs an online purchase transaction from the website. After entering the card information and before the transaction is completed, a text message (SMS) containing the six-digit One Time Password (OTP) is sent to the customer's registered mobile number.
- The merchant website will redirect the customer to a special webpage showing the logo of Jordan Kuwait Bank, which will request the customer to enter the One Time Password (OTP) the customer received via SMS.
- The customer enters the correct One Time Password (OTP).
- If the code is correct, the transaction will be accepted and completed.