Opening a Basic Bank Account requires meeting specific conditions, as it offers services with preferential commissions to meet the needs of those who are legally entitled to deal with banks, and do not have a bank account with a bank operating in the Kingdom.
Basic Bank Account from Jordan Kuwait Bank:
This Account is opened:
- In JOD only
- No minimum account balance
- The maximum limit for the account is 700 JOD.
- Jordanians residing in Jordan that are legally entitled to deal with banks and do not have a bank account at any bank operating in the Kingdom.
Services offered for Basic Bank Accounts:
- Cash withdrawals and deposits
- Check deposits in the account
- Outbound and inbound transfers to and from the account
- A debit card is issued for the account
- Access to e-banking services
The following services are excluded from Basic Bank Accounts:
- Issuance of cheque books
- Granting credit facilities
- Issuance of credit cards
- No interest or prizes are awarded